Monday, May 12, 2008

Welcome!

Welcome to my storage blog!

I've been thinking about doing something like this for some time, but never got around to it with all of the pressing things going on at work and home, etc. But I just really need to get some things off my chest when it comes to this topic, so here I am!

What I plan to write about here is simple, it's what I know best, computers and storage. I work in the storage business, but I grew up in the Systems Administration side of things. I think that this gives me a bit of a bias, although I prefer to call it a perspective.

I've actually worked on both sides of the equation so to speak. I've worked for manufactures such as CDC (yes, you need to be old like me in order to recognise that they actually built computers back in the day) and EMC. I've also worked implimenting systems and storage at companies in the helathcare industry as well as media companies.

This has been a long time coming, and I have a lot of pent up demand on topics, so I suspect that there will probably be a lot of entries really quick.

Climb in, strap in, and hang on, cause here we go!

--joerg

No comments: